- By working with the town of La Plata, The HUB team hopes to secure the needed approvals and build an appealing development that will encourage entities — such as the General Services Administration (GSA) or successful companies — to bring federal and other good-quality jobs to the area. This will create a better local job pool, which means less people will have to spend hours in traffic traveling to jobs.
- It provides a nice welcoming gateway for La Plata.
- It can fulfill a complementary vision to how the town of La Plata evolves and meets the future needs and interests of business entrepreneurs, residents, where companies choose to locate, and regional, county and town officials’ growth-management goals.
- In focusing on building a telecommunity, people can have flexible work options/hours and their qualities of life improve.
- Dozens of versions of concept plans have been reviewed to: integrate the best in design and planning; assure open, green and natural features; be mindful of the environmental impacts development brings; and meet the objective of achieving harmony with the natural characteristics of the site and surrounding area. (Studies show that open space is linked to both higher property values and quality-of-life metrics.)
- Keeping and attracting college-educated millennials, and a range of skilled workers in assorted trades, interested in working and staying in Charles County.
- The HUB’s integrated design and engineering will ensure that all necessary infrastructure, including roads, utility lines and water and sewer-processing systems will be in place prior to the development of each neighborhood.
- The HUB at La Plata’s plans include achieving and financing a good transportation network, picturesque neighborhoods, exceptional site amenities, walking paths, architecturally interesting and charming buildings, adding new infrastructure (an initial cost taxpayers will not be saddled with), and employing strategies that make mixed-use developments economically worthwhile.
We ask you to consider the aspects that improve quality of life and opportunities for the public and town – and the expertise and interest invested into this effort for many years now – and you will understand why this opportunity is unparalleled not just for La Plata, but for Southern Maryland too.
The HUB at La Plata has heart.